Er-Jia Mao DDS, PhD, PLLC
A unique educational background you can rely on:
I believe a periodontist's education forms the foundation of his entire practice. I am grateful that my broad education allows me to offer you the best periodontal care possible.
- Certificate in Periodontics: Oregon Health Sciences University. 1999
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Oral Pathology: University of Sheffield, England. 1992
- Master and certificate in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery: West China University of Medical Sciences, China. 1986
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery (DDS): West China University of Medical Sciences, China. 1983
Professional memberships help keep my knowledge current:
It's important to stay abreast of the latest dental techniques and treatments. There are always new innovations that mean more comfortable effective care for my patients. Through active participation in professional organizations, I am able to meet with fellow professionals, share our concerns, and learn about new developments.
- American Academy of Periodontology (AAP)
- Washington State Society of Periodontists
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- American of Osseointegration
- Washington State Dental Association (WSDA)
- Seattle-King County Dental Society
- President of Northwest Chinese Dental Association
- Committee member of Seattle Chinese Biomedical Association
- President of Seattle Dental Academy
- President of Washington State Society of Periodontists 2006-2007
Sharing knowledge with other doctors and health professions:
By sharing information with other doctors, we all stay up-to-date on the latest changes in dentistry. That means our patients benefit from state-of-the-art care. I do my part by sharing information on Periodontics and Implantology in articles, journals, and lectures. I am a referee for an international scientific journal.
As a part time faculty at the dental school of University of Washington, I like to share my more than 30 years clinical and research experience with my students. More importantly, this is a way to pay back to school and community.
Author of over ten scientific articles in national and international journals.
Co-author of three books.
Versatile interests make life more exciting:
Having been to more than twenty different countries across Europe, Asia and North America, I enjoy traveling and meeting different people and cultures. My broad hobbies keep me more relaxed and skillful when not providing care in our clinic.
Family is a very important part of my life:
My wife, Wei, who is a physician and financial consultant, and myself have chosen this area to raise our two children. We love to enjoy the outdoors and everything the Pacific Northwest has to offer!